RN - Hospice Home Care (40hrs/wk, Days) 15k Sign-on
****Up to $15,000.00 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth working on our Bridge Team****
Our hospice is growing—if you are an RN looking for a long-term, supportive and stable organization, please consider applying. We believe supporting our staff absolutely translates to better patient care.
Hospice is as rewarding as it is challenging. Providing clinical, emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families at end of life is a privilege and we are looking for nurses interested in embracing the challenges and joy inherent to our work in the community.
EvergreenHealth Hospice focuses on providing the highest quality of life possible for our patients and our publicly reported patient satisfaction outcomes demonstrate our success and leadership in our field as the premier hospice agency. Collaboration is key to the best possible patient experience and our interdisciplinary teams are adept at balancing symptom management and all the varied needs of a family anticipating the loss of a loved one. A core element of EvergreenHealth Hospice is our goal of continuous improvement in clinical quality and we actively encourage staff participation in process improvement projects and, most importantly, allow our staff the time to provide exceptional care for our patients. As a nurse, this means a lower caseloads and/or visit assignment compared to other hospice agencies in our area. Our size in both King and Snohomish counties also allows us to offer more compact territories for case managers.
Hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat (Week 1)
Hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm Sun, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri (Week 2)
EvergreenHealth Hospice Home Care is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients in both King and Snohomish counties. Hospice clinicians visit patients where they live – private homes, assisted living, adult family homes and skilled nursing facilities – providing care and support to the patient and their family unit during their end of life journey.
1. Provides direct patient care.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients (including, but not limited to home care patients).
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Initiates patient start of care through established admission process.
5. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
6. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
7. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
8. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to team members, DPOA, and physician.
9. Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospice, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures.
10. Functions as a patient advocate.
11. Assists other staff in completion of their duties, when time permits.
12. Recognizes situations when appropriate assistance is needed to effectively execute the nursing process.
13. Promotes good public relations between patient, family members, hospital, and community.
14. Practices within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
•Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
•Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
•Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who were hired after April 1, 2014.