Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer - 100% REMOTE
Who We Are:
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds.
We are recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. As a key part of the CrashPlan Operations team, you will be driving the implementation of numerous Infrastructure projects and initiatives which form the basis of the CrashPlan cloud platform and corporate network. You will be part of a team that provides a high level of expertise in designing, building, and supporting CrashPlan's global LAN, WAN, and Cloud network infrastructure.
You will need to be extremely skilled at planning, executing and controlling a portfolio of projects including data center builds, corporate network upgrades, tool implementation/integrations as well as smaller development efforts. You will also be working to record and document internal processes to share with the rest of the company. We work in a fast-moving environment and that requires a strong level of comfort with a dynamic pace.
- Work with a small team of enthusiastic network engineers supporting the global CrashPlan cloud platform and corporate network.
- Design, analyze, plan and modify company data center LAN and WAN networks.
- Deploy and maintain network infrastructure in a 24-7-365 production environment, which supports both employees and cloud customers.
- At times drop into the trench to assist the team with complex issues that require heavy troubleshooting knowledge and skills.
- Oversee or conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies.
- Assists management in setting strategic direction on projects with departmental scope.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all things data center and corporate network.
- Assist Product Management and R&D with product architecture choices by providing insight and feedback.
- Mentor other team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of network switching and routing experience (BGP and/or OSPF)
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Network Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, iptables, pf, VLAN, NAT, routing, subnetting, VPN)
- DHCP/DNS/IPAM (Linux/ISC)
- Network monitoring (data collection, log analysis, graphing, thresholds and alerts, and performance analysis)
- Strong troubleshooting skills (tcpdump/wireshark)
- Scripting/automation skills (bash, python, ruby, go)
- Network documentation guru (how-to procedures, layer 2/3 diagrams, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Open Source and Cloud technologies
- Advanced level degree
- Strong Junos OS experience
- Previous experience designing, building and supporting data center network infrastructure
- AWS Networking experience (VPN, Transit gateway, Direct connect, etc.)
CrashPlan values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer