Are you an experienced full stack developer who loves working on revolutionary projects? Do you enjoy working with large databases? How about collaborative problem solving? If you answered yes to these questions – we want you on our team!
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce an opening for a Senior Developer to work with us in an agile framework. Reporting to a Development Manager, we are expanding our product offerings and will need a creative, experienced Senior Developer to help take us there.
You are a full stack computer science specialist with a minimum of 5 years of programming experience under your belt, and a proven ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical team members. Your code writing is clean and can be easily consumed, and enhanced, by other team members. You are project and end-results focused, as well as motivated to solve challenging problems by applying innovative and collaboratively built solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for an extremely detail-oriented, creative, and organized candidate to excel.
- Develop reusable and consumable API’s to create new, and enhance, existing products
- Continually research new tools and technology, and make recommendations to improve current processes
- Knowledge and experience in design patterns and SDLC
- Create documentation and implement code standards using best practices for our services
- Mentor Co-op, Junior, and Intermediate Developers to strengthen the team
- Be responsible for implementing application architectural best practices when beginning new projects with the team and understand the functional architecture of our systems
- Lead and participate in code reviews
- Develop unit tests and integration tests
- Participate in sprint planning with team members
- Communicate and facilitate product releases
- Problem solve errors raised by the Support team
- Facilitate deployments using automated build and release tools
- Lead epics and features as the Technological Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Lead stories from start to end (stories, meeting, sharing of knowledge/requirements)
Education and Experience Required:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or information sciences
- Minimum of 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience with jQuery, CSS, mobile application development, responsive design, RESTful web services, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Git, Jira, automated testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Azure, micro service architecture, dependency injection, and solid design principles and patterns are considered assets
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask and handle change
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills with technical and non-technical team members
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem solving
- Great team player with ability to work alone without micro-management
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. Offers of employment may be conditional upon providing evidence of COVID-19 full vaccination. Please note that the office location is in London, Ontario.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.