We’re looking for a computer science enthusiast with exceptional communication skills to be our new Junior Developer! This is an excellent opportunity for an extremely detail-oriented, organized, people-oriented candidate to excel and grow your career.
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
Reporting to the Development Team Lead, and working closely with Intermediate and Senior Developers, this position provides application development within our agile development teams. It is an entry level development position which can cover development across all applications within CARFAX Canada domains.
The successful candidate will own our application development at a team level, including all projects/products in the specific portfolio, working closely with our Product Team, Data Team, Technical Operations Team, Development Team, and Project Management Office. Key areas of influence will include performance management, testing, security, deployment and integration, and development.
- Responsible for developing within CARFAX Canada’s codebase, ensuring that our we build according to specifications provided by our business partners
- Developing the right technology stack (e.g. platform, languages, libraries, frameworks, etc.)
- Actively consulting on the implementation of the solution, explaining the rationale behind choices, and making amendments to the solution when justified
- Perform code reviews from a code, architecture, performance, and security standpoint
- Design and code production-ready applications in an agile process
- Contribute to tasking out stories with the product owner on the team
- Regularly create unit and integration tests
- Articulate effectively, maintain composure and act as trouble-shooters who are passionate about finding solutions to problems
- Work with systems team to ensure proper rollout strategy and configuration
- Review and evaluate current application development practices
- Develop and integrate new practices to be an integral part of the SDLC
- Work with development team to define and promote coding best practices
- Work closely with the product team and have a particular focus on understanding the product roadmap to compile a solution to create new product/features/capabilities
- Perform code maintenance on existing applications
- Work with QA to ensure testing requirements are met and occasionally backfill in QA testing and peer reviewing other team members solutions
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in sprint planning with team members
- Compile and produce large datasets for our Data Management Team
Education and Experience Required:
- College diploma or university degree in computer science or information sciences
- Minimum of 2 years of computer programming experience or education
- Experience with jQuery, RESTful web services, Source Control (GIT or TFS preferred), automated testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Azure micro services, dependency injection, and SOLID design principles and patterns are considered assets
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask and handle change
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills with technical and non-technical team members
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Great team player with the ability to work individually when required
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge of Performance, CI, CD, automated testing, and quality methodologies
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.