You're naturally influential, great at connecting with people, and you understand the impact that human capital can have on the growth of a business. You're also ready to take your next career step by joining a fast-growing dynamic team and working with senior leadership to build out the HR function.
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
In partnership with the VP, you will execute on people initiatives, managing a small team of HR professionals providing internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role is a balance of both strategic and operational/tactical work, directly involved with developing and executing a multi-year people plan that will drive the business forward.
The ability to lead, take initiative, adapt and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment will be essential to your success in this role.
- Support VP with the development and execution of strategies and programs that are aligned with HR best practices
- Lead HR team responsible for full suite of day-to-day functional HR activities, processes and programs, including org design, performance management, HR dashboards and analytics, compensation, recruitment, talent management, employee training and development and employee relations
- Proactively identify gaps, propose solutions, and implement changes to HR programs and processes with a focus on recruitment, retention, performance management, talent management, compensation and employee training and development
- Responsible for annual HR calendar of activities and communications
- Act as communication lead for Human Resources matters; design and deliver messages to all levels of the organization regarding employee programming, proposals, initiatives, and strategies (email, newsletters, etc.)
- Management and administration of Learning Management System
- Management and administration of HRIS
- Support management in forecasting and planning their resource needs and talent pipeline requirements
- Oversee recruitment process, provide direction to hiring managers and deliver a high-level of service and support through the process, including managing external recruiters and recruitment process as needed
- Recommend and develop standardized policies, processes, and procedures in all areas of employee relations aligned with industry trends and employment legislation
- Partner with the Director, Employee Experience to continuously improve the employee experience through proactive management of employee programs and engagement strategies
- Oversee payroll administrator in the delivery of payroll processing, benefits administration, on-boarding, off-boarding, and year end activities
Education and Experience Required:
- 5-7 years HR Generalist experience with at least 3 years managing a small team
- CHRP/CHRL designation considered an asset
- A combination of experience with hands on HR process administration and strategic program development
- Ability to clearly articulate and develop communications regarding HR programs to all employees (emails, newsletters etc.)
- Ability to clearly articulate program proposals for executive audiences
- Experience with various HRIS tools and systems, including Workday, considered an asset
- Ability to use professional networks in strategic activities to achieve better outcomes
- High degree of discretion in handling confidential matters
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to apply principles and best practices within the appropriate context
- Proven track record in building strong relationships, fostering trust and promoting collaboration with all levels
- Flawless verbal and written communication skills, ability to deliver presentations, facilitate and attend meetings with a variety of stakeholders
- Focus on outcomes through organizational planning and time management skills: ability to manage details and organize processes without losing sight of the big picture
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.