Director of Ticket Sales
Every year, hundreds of thousands of fans come to Durham Bulls Athletic Park to be entertained by MiLB’s most iconic team, the Durham Bulls. Imagine being the person responsible for those hundreds of thousands of tickets. How cool is that? Along with baseball, concerts, and other events the Durham Bulls have created a safe place where fans can come to relax and unwind from the everyday world.
This is a time of opportunity and growth at the Durham Bulls. Are you ready to be part of something bigger than yourself? Are you ready to be part of an organization that represents community, history, and excellence? Are you ready to help create relationships and deliver memories?
About The Role
This person provides daily leadership to ticket sales/service staff and activities, continuously develops ticket sales/service staff skills and capabilities, executes relationship-based sales strategies which deliver ticket revenue targets and maximize profit margins, and works closely with other on the senior leadership team regarding overall distribution strategies as well as single-game ticket initiatives and related revenue targets. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. Top candidates have experience seeing the big picture, conceptualizing what’s possible, and helping our fans solve their problems.
The position manages and owns all aspects of ticket sales and operations developing processes and relationships. Whether providing companies with creative ticket solutions to help solve business problems or increasing individual fans’ love of the game is what you will be achieving. The role has the potential to be a true leader in the Triangle community with a successful track record in sales execution and leadership!
Are you ready to be a Bull?
What You’ll Do
- Develops the business strategy for all new and renewal business efforts surrounding Full Season Tickets, Partial Season Tickets, Mini-Plans and Group Tickets.
- Oversees all executable action items related to this plan and the employees in the Ticket Package sales, Group Sales, and Inside Sales Departments.
- Execute, track, and adjust new and renewal sales strategies in FSE, group ticket and inside sales departments to ensure yearly ticket sales and revenue goals are met.
- Develop the full season ticket and partial plan sales strategy and timeline.
- Set revenue and daily/weekly activity goals for all ticket sales employees and manage progress and efforts toward achieving these goals.
- Coach and guide Ticket Sales and Inside Sales teams to create a strong sales culture and environment focused on hard work and accountability, achieving budget goals, and delivery of a positive client experience.
- Assist sales staff in their effort to generate new sales in all ticket product lines. This may include attending meetings, visiting prospects at events, and calling potential clients.
- Provide general customer service to major prospects and clients during home games and other team events during the season.
- Regularly develop and implement sales training related to all ticket sales product lines.
- Establish and develop long-term client relationships.
- Work with marketing department to develop single game ticket strategy.
- Responsible for hiring, promoting, training, and measuring performance of department staff.
- Proven ticket sales leader with a demonstrated track record of performance.
- Evidence of planning acumen and of being a strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement processes and plans.
- Strong work ethic, high energy and high ethical standards.
- Well-developed influencing, persuasion and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, attend to detail and meet short deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and experience related to CRM and ticketing software.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience within management field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a sales capacity.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.