Radio Account Executive
WRAL-FM and WCMC-FM are community-oriented powerhouse radio stations that attract enormous, loyal Triangle audiences that rely on us for credible service elements (news, traffic, and weather), feel-good music and engaging, passion-driven sports talk. Our sales staff uses a consultative approach that focuses on uncovering the critical needs of potential clients, then designing logical solutions that incorporate elements across multiple platforms. This is a full-time role based in Raleigh, NC that reports to the stations’ Sales Manager.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU…
- Take pride in exceptional customer service
- Specialize in building strong, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Set out to learn something new today
- Work hard, think fast and have fun
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience (broadcast preferred)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- New business development: Strong desire to prospect and create new business opportunities across on-air, event and digital platforms.
- Proven track record of achieving overall monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Led by example and helped cultivate a positive, productive, successful working environment as a team player on any sales staff you were a part of.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A valid driver’s license with clean driving record and pre-employment drug screening is required.
EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.