Ticket Sales & Operations Internship
The internship program offers hands-on experience in sales, marketing and game operations through planning and implementing off-season strategies leading up to and through the conclusion of the 2024 season. Pay Rate: $10/hr.
This internship is for outgoing, hardworking individuals who want to pursue a career in sports.
The internship is inclusive of all departments listed below:
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Assist ticket sales staff in their effort to generate new sales in groups and picnics.
· Handle incoming ticket calls, provide customer service to ticket holders.
· Provide in-office and game-day support in ticket resolutions, customer service and will call.
· Assist in overseeing seasonal staff in the box office and gates.
· Work all home games and off-day hours.
· Fill in and assist around the ballpark during games where needed.
· Other game day duties as needed (i.e., post-game meal, laundry, promotion setup, etc.)
The 2024 Salamanders Internship program will begin March and run through the entire season, July 28, 2024. Interns are expected to commit to the full term of the internship. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
Strong professional attitude
Ability to make phone calls to local companies and individuals to set appointments regarding sponsorships and tickets.
Experience in the sports industry preferred but not required.
Pay Rate: $10/hr.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.