Technical Account Executive
We are looking for a highly tech-savvy Technical Account Executive to assist in the selling of complex satellite communication and telecom products and services. Your responsibilities include maintaining extensive technical knowledge of Microspace products' parts, functions, and processes and assisting to close sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients' needs.
To be successful, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of satcom/telecom technology and services and should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers. You should be driven to achieve your sales goals and should have excellent sales, customer service and networking skills.
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain Microspace products or services to customers.
- Discussing equipment needs and system requirements with clients and engineers.
- Collaborating with the sales team & engineering department to understand customer requirements and provide support.
- Generating high-quality sales leads, following up after initial contact, securing and orders, negotiating prices, completing sales, and documenting all steps in CRM.
- Researching, developing and modifying products to meet customers' technical requirements and needs.
- Helping customers who have problems with installed products and recommending improved or upgraded equipment and or services.
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to upper management.
- Setting and achieving sales goals and quotas.
- Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
- 4 year Degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, related study or 5-6 years of relevant work experience required.
- Strong knowledge of satcom and or telecom technology from technical and engineering perspective.
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
- Valid DL and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.