Attention news-loving graphics designers! A rare opportunity to join the Creative Services arm of Capitol Broadcasting Company stations WRAL-TV and FOX 50 in Raleigh, NC has just opened! Join our award-winning team as a News Graphic Artist and put your creative mind to work with the best technology in the business.
WRAL News is one of the most respected news organizations in the country and we are looking for a creative designer who loves the adrenaline rush of the newsroom, understands augmented and virtual reality, how to move from concept to design at the “speed of breaking news.” Join our news team in producing more than 12 hours of news every single weekday through a designer’s eye. The WRAL team is looking to hire a motivated, energetic, highly skilled graphic artist that understands how to make still and motion graphics that sizzle. Your work will be seen by thousands of viewers every single day.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for applying their creative expertise to generate compelling visual experiences and storytelling graphics to support daily newscasts. In addition to developing visually striking graphics to be used in both internal and external communications, the ideal candidate can work in a fast-paced environment; has strong storytelling and a strong design aesthetic; great attention to detail; and a passion for both learning and innovating. We are looking for someone can work individually but works well in a team environment to create outstanding content for our brand.
The Motion Graphics Designer will be responsible for developing still composite graphics and motion graphics, primarily focusing on daily news support, social media content, and marketing. This position will work within the creative services department under the direction of the Creative Services Manager and will work together with News department staff and other graphics designers to create and maintain the motion graphics look and feel for all projects.
For consideration, your application must include a link to your work/portfolio. Please provide a direct link to your professional portfolio and/or graphics reel. The following skills should be displayed within reel/portfolio:
Software proficiency in the following applications:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects
- Cinema 4D is a plus but not required.
- Ross Xpression will also be crucial to the position but can be developed on-the-job.
- Ideal candidates will be self-starters who can maintain a respectful and efficient work ethic while working under quick-turnaround deadlines.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline is a must.
- Experience working in a fast-paced broadcast environment a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An intimate understanding of and honed skill set around design, production, and other areas of creative.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Adding to and creating graphic full screens, graphs, cold opens, lower thirds, and unique segment opens and elements.
- Production of daily show graphics (static and motion graphics) and map animation.
- Working with the creative services team and other departments on any animated or still graphic needs for long-term projects.
Reason to work for Capital Broadcasting.
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We are family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. Raleigh, NC is often voted one of the best places to live and work.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.