Baseball Director of Corporate Partnerships
Seeking a detail-oriented salesperson to generate new revenue through sponsorship and ticket packages. This person will cultivate new partnerships and as well as manage a large list of existing clients and sponsors.
Additional revenue can be secured through nontraditional/non Salamanders events that will yield incremental dollars. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, building relationships, and be a self-starter with a solid foundation in working with clients to fulfill packages and events.
Seeking person to generate new revenue through sponsorship and ticket packages, as well as maintain and grow existing clients; also solicit non Salamanders events that will yield incremental dollars.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, building relationships, and be a self-starter with a solid foundation in working with clients to fulfill packages and events. This includes but is not limited to having the ability to initiate phone calls, successfully manage face-to-face appointments, correspond via email, and develop innovative programs that drive ticket and sponsorship sales.
The position is directly responsible for overseeing all new sponsorship business initiatives, upselling and renewals focused on the Holly Springs Salamanders and within Ting Stadium, as well as assisting with selling corporate ticket packages.
- Assist ticket sales staff in their effort to generate new sales in all ticket product lines. This may include attending meetings, visiting prospects at events, and calling potential clients
- Provide general customer service to major prospects and clients during home games and other team events during the season
- Establish and develop long-term client relationships
- Meet or exceed specified daily call expectations
- Meet or exceed specified weekly sales appointment expectations
- Meet or exceed yearly sales goals
- Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities
- Maintain and grow a number of existing Salamanders’ clients
- Set revenue and daily/weekly activity goals for the sponsorship department (and any employees/trainees) and manage the progress and efforts toward achieving these goals
- Effectively execute sales campaigns
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects
- Assist customer service efforts at multiple points in the year
The successful candidate will need to acquire a full working knowledge of all Holly Springs Salamanders and Ting Stadium products to successfully sell to the community. Position requires strong communication and organizational skills as this individual will be expected to present sales material to high profile clients.
Proficiency in basic computer software skills is necessary. Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as a creative, positive, friendly, and helpful attitude. The ability to work as a team player is essential. During the baseball season, this individual must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays; have the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. A college degree in sports management/marketing, business, or a related field and two years of high level sales success requirement.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.