Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The Tax Analyst will primarily be responsible for assisting with ASC 740 tax accounting, tax compliance, and other operational tax issues that arise.
- Assist in calculating and documenting Federal taxable income for the quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Assist in preparing income tax return workpapers, estimates, extensions, and periodic tax filings for sales and use tax, franchise taxes, property taxes, and other state specific filings, along with related payment requests.
- Other duties and ad-hoc finance projects as assigned.
Hybrid: This requires the worker to come in the office 1 day a week
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Oracle Finance and/or Hyperion Financial Management experience a plus.
- ONESOURCE Tax Provision software proficiency a plus.
- Alteryx experience a plus.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate industry preferred.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- M.S. in Taxation Preferred.
- C.P.A. Preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.