Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing
Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
SENIOR MANAGER, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING
Professional Services Background
BioMarin Finance and Enterprise Services (FES) is growing rapidly with the overall company and developing into a leading-edge global finance organization. The Global Source to Pay team resides within the finance organization, and partners with the entire company to design and execute category strategies, valuable supplier contracts and relationships, and procurement processes and systems for products and services provided by third parties.
Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) within Global Source to Pay is the center of excellence for industry best practice category management and sourcing for indirect goods and services not directly related to the drug manufacturing process. The group utilizes rigorous processes, procedures and tools for category planning, execution and maintenance for identified stakeholder groups across BioMarin’s global enterprise.
The Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing role focuses on defining and implementing strategies, policies, and objectives related to the Category Management, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management of the Professional Services scope of spend. Candidates must have a strong understanding of the Strategic Sourcing and Category Management processes, as well as knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry, Consulting and Financial Services and other Professional Services spend categories. The success of this role is dependent on the candidate’s ability to build strong relationships with stakeholder business partners across the BioMarin organization, obtain consensus and drive decisions, and structure and realize value from the programs and spend in these areas.
The Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing will report to the Director, Global Strategic Sourcing and Category Management, and will frequently partner with leadership of the broader Finance staff and Commercial and broader functions within the business.
- Utilize spend analytics, market research and trends, and supplier intelligence to understand category spend – trends, spread across business and across suppliers.
- Define category strategies and sourcing strategies to gain efficiency and drive quality, value and optimal total cost of ownership within the spend/category and with supplier partners.
- Define and lead cross-functional stakeholder teams to understand and ensure business strategies and requirements are met for the category.
- Execute RFx and supplier selection processes with cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Understand risk elements of suppliers within the category markets, and define/engage risk assessment and mitigation tactics for those risk elements.
- Develop, negotiate, support, and manage global contracts with suppliers in line with stakeholder / business needs and sound contracting structures and terms.
- Quantify and report savings/value of category contracts and spend and related supplier relationships; understand and measure compliance with, and utilization of, global agreements and relationships.
- Implement supplier relationship management and governance programs to increase value and supplier performance and drive innovation within the spend categories.
- Lead development and implementation of internal GSS team processes, policies and tools that support overall team activities and objectives.
- 10+ years strategic procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced sourcing, complex contract negotiations expertise
- Past experience leading multiple categories and sourcing teams within the professional services space, including a solid understanding of the biotech industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including solid interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skill set required to drive problem-solving and innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or life sciences; MBA desirable, C.P.M. or A.P.P. desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.