Medical Science Liaison - Italy
Who We Are
From research and discovery to post-market clinical development, our WWRD engine involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with genetic diseases.
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is the external-facing scientific expert on the company product(s) and therapeutic area(s), with the core responsibility of scientific engagement. This consists of the establishment and maintenance of ethical and highly scientific peer to peer relationships with leading Health Care Professionals (HCPs) at major academic institutions and hospitals. Based on high-quality interactions and on the generation, interpretation, and communication of scientific data with leading HCPs, MSLs could potentially improve - through meaningful scientific exchange - the clinical management of patients and their quality of life.
Tactics of MSL activities are aligned with BioMarin Medical Strategy and guided by BioMarin Medical Director according to Medical Plan.
1) Scientific engagement
2) Evidence generation support
3) Insight management
4) Medical strategic planning
5) Internal partnerships
Expected level of competences
Communication and Collaboration
Strategic Thinking and Planning
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Internal and Cross-functional Partnerships
Adaptability and Flexibility
Knowledge, Evidence Generation
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• M.Sc at minimum, coupled with significant medical/clinical/academic credentials typically often consisting of but not limited to a doctorate degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, etc.) in the life sciences
• Industry experience
• Understanding of the healthcare systems and respective medical legislation in the region.
• Good written and oral English
• Willingness to travel approx. 60% of time (including international travel).
Key Relationships to reach solutions
· Cross-functional team in the countries and area
· Senior Management within Brand or Disease area
· Global and Regional Medical Affairs Function
· Regional Market Access
· Clinical Operations
· Compliance Team
· Healthcare professionals
· Regulatory bodies
· Medical Associations & Societies
· Patient Advocacy Groups
· Service Providers
· Other local and regional stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.