Associate Director, Early Pipeline / BD, Pricing and Policy Research - UK (also open in US)
Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
· Reporting to the Senior Director, Head of Strategic Pricing and Access Policy, the Associate Director, Early Pipeline / BD, Pricing and Policy research will play a key role in ensuring tracking of the reimbursement and access environment for our portfolio of products. The role entails conducting payer research to inform activities across the organisation to support the value of our portfolio including pipeline assets and a more positive access environment. The role entails more direct involvement with stakeholders including regional teams, strategic markets, access functions and Govt. affairs on policy initiatives to support better access for patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor Global healthcare market trends, relevant access policies and analyse the impact for BioMarin and disseminate across the organisation
- Lead the identification, prioritisation and management of market access strategic policy issues that are key to BioMarin’s success
- Work in collaboration with Market Access colleagues within the regions, strategic markets, growth markets, Country managers, Government affairs, and other commercial teams to drive access policy agenda that is aligned with the Commercial strategy
- Plan and track execution of the access policy agenda in conjunction with stakeholders
- Maintain policy updates and share with the business on a 3-4 x / year basis highlighting any negative / restrictive access policies and our plan to address
- Prepare and co-ordinate responses to draft policies by responding to consultations working with relevant stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry bodies and membership groups (such as HTAi, ARM, ISPOR)
- Respond to requests for Horizon scanning to ensure regions / strategic and growth markets are prepared for our future portfolio
- Working with pricing manager and pipeline value and access leads to support research for business development
- Expertise in conducting payer research working with strategic markets and pricing and access colleagues
- Support with the planning, preparation and delivery of payer advisory boards. Identify the key issues and drive discussions from payers to obtain key insights to support business decisions
- Establish and maintain personal relationships with select payers, advisors, key opinion leaders and other stakeholders
- Prepare and support pipeline V&A lead in developing investment theses, Target Product Profiles (TPPs) etc.
- Maintain compliance in accordance with the BioMarin procedures
- Manage budgets aligned with projects
- Minimally a person with a good degree in a relevant subject.
- Preferred: advanced degree in political science, international relations, healthcare policy, law, business, health sciences or any other related field.
- 4+ years of experience in policy and/or government affairs roles or the private sector. Experience in the biopharmaceutical sector strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with industry bodies, trade associations
- Strategic planning skills with detail-oriented approach to execution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internally & externally.
- Teamwork skills and ability to work cross-functionally with multiple internal departments and across different regions globally
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) required, and fluency in additional languages will be considered an asset
- Able to operate with autonomy and quickly assume responsibility for projects
- Self-motivation and efficiency, with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to prioritise and support multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Available to travel internationally as required by the needs of the business
Experience / qualifications
- Relevant market access or governmental affairs experience is preferred. This could be obtained from either a consulting or industry background
- Someone with experience within rare diseases would be preferable
- Knowledge and experience of the payer environment required ideally across multiple countries
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of the ABPI code is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic planning and organizational ability
- Applying specialized knowledge of the access and health policy environment
- Results oriented
- Self-organised and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a team and cross functionally
No responsibility for supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.