Senior Production Planner
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Production Planner - Shanbally, Ringaskiddy, Cork (Hybrid)
We are a high-performing, team-based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as organizational skills.
The primary role of the senior production planner is to play a lead role in the planning, scheduling & co-ordination of manufacturing activities across all DS Manufacturing, Filling & Packaging operations ensuring capacity and materials are available to support production operations.
The senior production planner will play a lead role in the development and implementation of systems and processes to ensure optimal conversion of the Long Range Plan/Master Production Schedule into detailed production plans as well as product launch activities.
This position involves building effective team and cross functional relationships both internally in Shanbally and globally with our sister site in Novato CA and Global external operations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of systems and processes to ensure optimal conversion of the LRP into detailed production plans. Responsible for the integration and alignment of the various detailed production schedules with the LRP/MPS.
- Co-ordinate Schedule and support the ongoing maintenance of production planning activities in the execution of the Master Production Schedule and the translation of the MPS into detailed production schedules for intermediates to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Lead role in the development of planning scenario’s & presenting to cross functional management teams to aid decision making.
- Responsible for completion of weekly MRP run or as required.
- Facilitate & participate in daily cross-functional RRR meeting to address schedule adherence and finalize activity plans.
- Facilitate weekly S&OE meetings ensuring cross functional alignment on activities.
- Support the Presentation of production schedules to production and supporting departments, identifying any production and/or material constraints that can impact production progress.
- SME in ERP system suites and advanced planning and scheduling tools.
- Proficient in the use and understanding of how the systems work. – Use Case Training
- Support Production planners in their use of system
- Liaising with System Owners/ Vendors on system requirements
- Lead process improvements, best practice sharing & knowledge transfer for business processes, Master Data, BOM’s and Recipes, Oracle EBS, Oracle ASCP, Bio-G and Inventory Management.
- Support the trouble shooting of more complex issues & continually supports Production Planning team and colleagues from other functional groups.
- Bring information from experience
- Comms to manager and other depts as required
- Support all other sub-functions of Material Operations as required adopting an end to end mindset.
- Development, maintenance and Approval of policies and procedures.
- Planning Representative on Tech Transfer team for the introduction of new products to site. Develop product and process knowledge of NPI to site. Proactively engage with Tech Transfer teams to define requirements.
- Analyse and Review data for end of campaign performance summaries
- Build strong, effective cross functional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Engage Right First Time (six-sigma) and lean manufacturing practices leading to operational excellence.
- Co-ordination, completion and approval of required compliance process activities including Change Control, Deviations, Event’s & CAPA’s.
- Develop, maintain and publish KPI’s for manufacturing performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business, Information Systems, Supply Chain or Finance.
- 4+ years in production scheduling and planning processes, within an ERP system.
- Experience of working in an Oracle environment and audit experience would be desirable.
- Experience in the use of BioG/RTMS would be desirable.
- Experience in RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning) would be an Advantage
- Excellent Planning and Analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- APICS certification would be beneficial.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.