Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
This role will support BioMarin's Legal Department and business partners by drafting, negotiating, and tracking a high volume of contracts. Come join our Legal team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin supports employee well-being with a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision plans, 401(k) with employer match, vacation time, and generous paid holiday time. Our spacious campus in San Rafael, CA includes an onsite gym and indoor and outdoor collaborative space.
- Researching prior contracting relationship with contracting parties.
- Drafting, primarily from templates, multiple contract types including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Amendments, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders, using DocuSign CLM, BioMarin's contract lifecycle management system ("CLM").
- Utilizing playbooks to negotiate contracts.
- Monitoring and tracking a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using the CLM.
- Ensuring company-wide compliance with BioMarin’s contracting policy.
- Acting as a liaison between BioMarin, internal business partners, and outside vendors to facilitate contract execution.
- Building and maintaining relationships with business partners.
- Engaging with other functional areas within BioMarin to assess and respond to contracting needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Coordinating workflow between the Legal Department and other departments at BioMarin.
- Exercising sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, including when to escalate matters to in-house counsel.
- Driving Legal Department initiatives, including assisting with templates and playbooks and training, both on Legal’s CLM system and with onboarding new Legal team members.
- Providing backup support to other Contracts Associates in the department.
- Working on other Legal Department projects or initiatives as determined by Manager.
- Strong written skills, including proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization and time-management skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate timely and effectively with in-house attorneys and other Legal team members, internal business partners, and outside vendors and partners, and proactively communicate regarding relevant issues and deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.
- Experience in contracts administration or other relevant experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience at a large law firm or within an in-house legal department of a public company a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma/medical device industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Familiarity with DocuSign CLM or another contract management system is a plus.
- This role will be a Hybrid position, requiring the employee to be onsite in San Rafael, CA 2 days a week which is currently Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- BA degree and 0 – 4 years of experience
- Recent graduates are eligible to apply
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.