EU Regional Medical Lead ERT
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class or best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
As Member of the Medical Affairs Department, provide high quality scientific support to medical marketing activities of the EU Brand Team and country teams (where appropriate). Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES: · Reporting into the Regional Medical Lead, support the development and execution of medical strategy and act as touch point to cross functional team · Support the Regional Medical Lead in carrying out the day to day operational activities of the Medical Department. · Review and sign-off of promotional and non-promotinal material to ensure compliance with the Codes of Practice · Provide input to Global projects as agreed from time to time on a defined basis. · Support medical affairs projects and activities · Maintain high standards of technical proficiency · Develop relationships with Key opinion leaders, patient organisations and professional groups · Understand concepts of pharmacovigilance (PV) · Provide medical training of staff
- Leverage clinical/scientific data to optimise the delivery of EU integrated brand plans.
- Support the development of medical affairs projects & publications plans
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of disease areas and their management of relevant company products
- Act as “data expert” for the therapy area in cross functional teams with commercial departments
- Understand current and future positioning aims for the brand and identify scientific activities that support the achievement of those aims.
- Identify and communicate new published data as appropriate
- Provide high quality and timely briefing materials/training to commercial departments on relevant appropriate data.
- Monitor key information sources of changes within the pharmaceutical industry, and health systems which may impact on products and communicate of relevance to the brand team
- Proactively identify needs for promotional/ non-promotional material and discuss with marketing colleagues
- Review of promotional/ non-promotional material to ensure compliance with the applicable Codes of Practice- ABPI, ABHI, IPHA, AMDI
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key external customers including KOLs/ professional groups in relevant therapeutic area, in order to gain insights to support sound decision making and brand strategy development.
- Identify opportunities for collaborative work, such as research, guideline development, meeting presentations etc.
- Make scientific and clinical presentations to customers in primary and secondary care either on request or proactively as part of a broader medical education strategy
- Provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed products and indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs
- Develop relationships with patient groups and third party organisations to facilitate the exchange of scientific and clinical information
- Support the internal project management of IIR studies, providing study progress follow-up and support as required
- Provide medical input and strategic input into advisory boards, engaging with clinical advisors on a peer to peer level
- Facilitate communication between the company and those healthcare professionals who wish to carry out local trials/assessments of our licensed products.
- Act as deputy to the Regional Medical Lead in their absence
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Medical or Life Science degree with a minimum of 2 years industry experience in Medical Affairs
- Experience of ABPI/ review of promotional and non-promotional activities and materials, desirable but not essential
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, Excel; conversant with key sites on Internet; conversant with key medical databases and able to implement basic search strategies
- Contribute effectively in the team, respond positively to requests, engage in team work activities and objectives
- Plan, identify priorities, organise activities and monitor progress to ensure team and individual objectives are met
- Prioritise and plan work with an appropriate sense of urgency and enthusiasm to cope effectively with obstacles and pressure
- Effective communicator both in writing and verbally
- Ability to communicate complex issues and data to wide range of professional and lay audiences, adapting message and style to suit.
- Respond positively to change by adapting day to day activity and work procedures as appropriate
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.