Senior Director, Patient Support Programs - North America
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in three operating regions: the United States, EUCAN (Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) and Intercontinental (ICON). Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Director, US Patient Support Programs is a significant leadership role in BioMarin’s US Commercial organization. This role is responsible for managing the Patient Access Services/Hub operations and Channel Operations. Key internal stakeholders include sales, field clinical support, managed markets, marketing, commercial operations, compliance, legal, commercial learning and development, pharmacovigilance, home infusion vendors, patient assistance programs providers, field reimbursement management teams and specialty pharmacies. These critical interactions add a level of complexity that requires the candidate to manage various expectations and solve problems across a continuum of requirements.
This role reports to the VP, US Value & Access and is responsible for collaborating with leadership members from multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Marketing/Brand, Sales, Managed Markets, Specialty Operations and Distribution, Compliance/Legal, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Commercial Learning & Development and Pharmacovigilance. This role is also a part of the US Value & Access Leadership team.
• Directly lead BioMarin’s US Commercial teams in Channel Operations and Patient Access/Hub Services
• Work with direct reports to engage with outside organizations including our core patient access services/Hub operation, Specialty Pharmacies, wholesalers, patient support services providers, and co-pay assistance vendors, and individual clinics regarding reimbursement issues.
• Dotted line responsibility for the US components of several mission critical globally managed Commercial services. This includes:
• Commercial Systems
• Global Customer Management
• Marketing Support Services
• Partner effectively with US Value &Access Strategy, Managed Markets, Field Reimbursement, Field Sales, Field Based Clinical Support, Marketing, and Commercial Facing IT Teams, among others.
• Provide counsel, leadership and partnership with and to BioMarin’s US Commercial management team.
• Provide expert, informed insight to drive effective and timely decision making across a broad array of topics impacting the performance of the US Commercial business.
• 15+ years of experience in pharmaceutical company, commercial operations roles supporting multiple marketed products
• 5+ years of Commercial Leadership experience
• 5+ years of direct experience with US Payers, Specialty Pharmacies, and/or Patient Support services
• A current understanding of the US Payer and Specialty Distribution landscape and an understanding of contracting strategies
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated track-record successfully launching new pharmaceutical products
• Experience with Rare Disease products is preferred
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills
• Humility, drive/hunger and people skills
• Desire to work in a high energy Commercial environment with multiple competing priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.