Senior Manager, Business Continuity Management - Ireland (also open in US)
Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The Sr. Manager, BCM plays a key role in BioMarin’s global corporate security and BCM function, which oversees programs to safeguard the company’s critical assets—our people, property, and product — worldwide. This role supports the development and implementation of BioMarin’s global security and resilience strategy and associated risk management programs. This role will support activities undertaken to enable BioMarin to avoid and, if realized, methodically respond to a disruptive event.
The specific duties of the Sr. Manager BCM include:
- Directly support the Sr. Director, Global Security and Organizational Resilience to manage and improve the BCM program and supporting governance framework; implement organizational incident response methodology, plans and protocols and support the continuity of business operations. When required, deliver elements of the implementation of incident and crisis management and/or physical, technical and site security programs.
- At the direction of the Sr. Director, Global Security and Organizational Resilience, this role will maintain corporate policies, standards, guidelines, processes, procedures and plans that govern and manage BioMarin’s BCM program. Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to drive compliance with policies and standards to help ensure consistent application of Business Continuity (BC) practices across the organization.
- Assist with execution of other Global Security and Organizational Resilience programs, such as personnel security, physical security staffing, systems and technologies, cyber security incident response, etc. as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of BCM, Incident and Crisis Management and (where required) Personnel Risk Management.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders, including management, other corporate groups and teams, business lines and regions to build consensus and leverage cross functional resources to mitigate BC risks to the corporation.
- Receive and manage in and out of hours BC calls, providing high-quality organizational resilience advice to BioMarin personnel and coordinating strategic BC assistance.
- Directly support the Sr. Director, Global Security and Organizational Resilience to develop and provide reporting for various levels of management on both specific issues and the health of the overall Organizational Resilience program.
- Assist in the Business Impact Assessment (BIA) process, including if determined appropriate, redesigning, implementing, and integrating results into enterprise-wide risk assessments.
Business Continuity Program Management
- Follow established policies and procedures that align with industry standards to provide operational delivery of the company’s BCM program; incorporate a regular cadence of BIA, BC plan improvements and updates, training, and validation for critical functions within the company on BC planning and incident and crisis response.
- Act as the day-to-day contact for all BC vendors, including BioMarin’s mass notification system and threat monitoring tools. Manage and maintain operational status of BC systems in support of the company’s risk monitoring and incident/crisis response capabilities.
- Continuously work to integrate the BCM program into BioMarin’s daily operations, and maintain that integration in a dynamic environment, using tools, procedures, relationships, and other techniques.
- Deliver BC awareness training, refreshers, table-top exercises, and validation assessments, as well as update online resources to support BioMarin’s understanding and execution of its BC objectives.
- Support the Sr. Dir. Global Security and Organizational Resilience to develop and scale operational awareness of BC concerns and report these to BioMarin audiences in a compelling manner.
- Support the Sr. Dir. Global Security and Organizational Resilience to deliver BC outcomes that are aligned with BioMarin’s Fit-For-Growth strategy. Create a culture of BCM awareness, responsibility, and resilience across the organization.
- 7-10 years of relevant Business Continuity Management experience. Industry certifications such as ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, ISO22301 a bonus.
- Experience with global Business Continuity Management standards and frameworks.
- Ability to work well in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, critical thinking skills, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities, and strong project management experience.
- Familiarity with business continuity software and platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively and adapt quickly.
- Experience working with a global company.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen and technical ability.
- Batchelor’s degree in Business Continuity Management, Emergency Response, Security, Resilience or Risk Management, EHS or related fiel
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrated knowledge of Business Continuity Management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industries.
- Moderate knowledge of common regulatory, audit and compliance requirements (SOX, PCI, CCPA, GDPR, etc.).
- Technical writing experience, policy, reports, continuity plans, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of information risk concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of privacy and related initiatives.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700x and the ITIL, COBIT, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) frameworks, CIS.
- Experience with enterprise governance, risk, and compliance platforms, as well as a wide range of automated security tools.
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining policies, processes, procedures and standards.
- Experience in working with virtual and remote teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.