Productivity Engineering Manager
Job Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineering
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources Manager
Prepared Date: 06/10
Approved By: Human Resources Manager
Approved Date: 06/10
The employee supervises others with regards to the implementation of manufacturing methodology, including methods and time standards, tool and equipment designs and specifications, estimates and related engineering data relating to product assembly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Analyze and modify manufacturing systems and processes.
- Design production and manufacturing procedures, as well as develop and implement manufacturing production processes from future model mock-ups.
- Test and resolve manufacturing issues supporting the day-to-day manufacturing needs in order to ensure smooth continuous flow through the manufacturing build process.
- Determine manpower and tooling requirements.
- Supervise and train others in manufacturing engineering methods and processes.
- Design improved manufacturing methods by modifying product and process design.
- Utilizing lean time studies and motion studies to further modify and design operator work stations.
- Review modifications with engineers to support new product launch.
- Develops product launch and first time quality review processes to efficiently and accurately launch new products within the manufacturing operation, including overseeing the development of manufacturing methods and procedures, quality standards, machinery and equipment needs and training programs.
- Acts as a liaison between commercial development and general management personnel and front-line personnel on the status of programs and the challenges in achieving agreed to implementation dates.
- Assist in development of integrated manufacturing system utilizing Team Center Engineering and Team Center Manufacturing system tools.
- Implement LEAN Manufacturing principles and support developmental organization goal to achieve ISO9001 compliance.
- Improves existing and new production processes and methods using Team Center Engineering and Team Center Manufacturing systems, APQP, PPAP, PFMEA and SPC.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises 5 to 10 employees in the Manufacturing Engineering and Product Development Departments.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
A thorough working knowledge of the following:
- AXIS (Team Center Engineering - IMAN, QAD, ADNET)
- MS Office
Must be able to travel 0 to 25 % of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume