Application Service Technology Manager - Remote
Melville, New York
Adjuvant.Health is headquartered in Melville, NY supporting one of the largest private medical pediatric partnerships in the New York Metropolitan area, Allied Physicians Group, PLLC.
We are looking for a dynamic Manager of Technology Services to enhance our team!
Adjuvant.Health, powered by Allied Physicians Group, supports our physician business services with our highly trained and dedicated team. This allows physicians to focus on patient care while we focus on administrative services, ultimately creating a better work-life balance. We currently support 34 physician practices located throughout Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten-Island as well as Westchester and Orange Counties.
Allied Physician Group’s mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare with exceptional service to all who enter our doors. Our vision is to create an exceptional patient experience with a culture that empowers our staff and offer professional fulfillment to our providers. Our Core Values are what makes our culture:
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to a team of Application Services Support professionals. Support and develop the technical expertise needed to meet long-term business needs. Manage staff by reviewing, approving and allocating day-to-day tasks and work assignments among the team.
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application best practices.
- Evaluate new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with support team, super users, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with Director of Technology, network administrators and engineers to assist with quality assurance, support, and data management.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold training sessions as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- athenaPractice (formerly known as GE Centricity Practice Solutions) REQUIRED
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, and general knowledge of liability matters related to medical practice.
- Administrative and management principals regarding leadership techniques.
- Display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; include appropriate people in the decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Communicate effectively with others both in writing and verbally.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with 3rd party IT service provider and other vendors.
- Handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Manage team of application support professionals
- Technical expertise with a knowledge of healthcare (or related) information systems and healthcare security compliance.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking and active listening.
- Deductive reasoning.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Healthcare and Wellness Benefits
- 401K & 3% Profit Sharing (after one-year)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC Voluntary Benefits