Our goal is to provide opportunities for non-traditional training to students who are continuing or who have recently completed their studies. Our internship programs support students and recent graduates as they learn more about their chosen career path, while practicing the skills learned through their academic program. We hope to offer you a rewarding experience as you take these next steps in launching your career!
AGO Interns have the opportunity to introduce new and exciting ideas to the Gallery to create a positive impact on our growth and development! As a thank-you, interns will have free access to the gallery during operational hours and are able to receive benefits from the city and provincial reciprocal agreements during their time with us.
Questions about internships?
Who can be an intern?
In accordance with Ontario’s Employment Standards Act and the Government of Canada’s Department of Citizenship and Immigration, interns must meet the following three conditions:
- A student who is currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution, in a field related to the internship, and in a program with an internship for academic credit.
- Proof of WSIB coverage must be provided in advance of the placement.
- The student must be legally entitled to work in Canada. If they are on a study permit, their study permit must allow work off campus.
Currently we offer internships on an ad-hoc basis throughout the year. We try our best to align our internship program dates with the academic calendar. For example:
- Summer (May – August): Postings go up March 1
- Fall (September – December): Postings go up July 1
- Winter (January – April): Postings go up November 1