Radio Frequency Engineer | Req#3228
ActioNet has an opportunity for an RF Engineer requiring a Top Secret clearance located in CA.. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with network administration team in providing research, evaluation, and reporting on current and emerging networking technologies and policies.
- Perform services including identifying, collecting, analyzing, and reporting to command and other required agencies regarding network and joint service systems performance issues.
- Support network engineering for developmental, operational, and integrated test and evaluation of network and joint systems.
As the RF Engineer, your tasks will include:
- Perform test and engineering evaluation events for communication systems to include planning, execution, and reporting for these events.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with C, X, KU, and KA Satellite Communications Terminals, RF radios, and ground communication systems.
- Install, configure, operate and troubleshoot TCP/IP networks (e.g., IPv4 & IPv6), including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites via Wide Area Networks.
- Perform data analysis by extracting, analyzing, and troubleshooting network traffic using packet analyzer tools like Wireshark.
- Develop the criteria and methodology for assessing the functionality, performance, and durability of the network testing components.
- Integrate automation from stimulation and analysis tools including T-BERD, Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) MUOS Automated Call System (JMACS), Iperf/Jperf, and Wireshark.
- Implement the automation of current tools intended to control RF attenuation patch panel connections and topologies, and analysis controls.
- Automate dynamic application layer loading (e.g., T-BERD) of RF connections, in synchronization with automated monitoring of traffic, diagnostics, and alert triggers.
- Configure and integrate test bed and integrated automation test tool suite.
- Develop perform, validate, and refine automation scripts for test execution, fault-tolerance, and self-monitoring capabilities.
- Develop, perform, validate, and refine real-time and post metrics collection and analysis, trending, and display.
- Operate Windows and Linux based operating systems and hardware platforms such as LabVIEW Chassis and Test tool, ETTUS Universal Software Radio Peripheral (USRP), SKL and TKL.
- Operate software applications such as Java, API-based testing, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Gnu Radio, and Wireshark.
- Possess working knowledge on 4G, 4G LTE, 5G, Radio Frequency (RF) and SATCOM Line of Sight (LOS) and Beyond LOS (BLOS) communications platforms, ground control stations and IP networks which operate throughout these environments. Configure, program, wire and test radio frequency and ancillary equipment.
- Analysis and development of professional reports.
- Conduct equipment qualification test including, but not limited to satellite modems, frequency converters, high-power amplifiers, antennas, microwave radios, PCS equipment, MMDS equipment, LMDS equipment.
- Provides services of programming, analyzing, and running tests on new or modified software programs, including documentation, diagram, and flowchart, and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor provided programs.
- Runs in-depth testing, detects problems, recommends solutions, and determines if program requirements have been met.
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.