Java Web Service Developer | Req#2774
ActioNet is seeking a Java Web Service Developer, requiring a Public Trust clearance, who is responsible for the web services design and architecture on enterprise and data management. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively write custom web services to translate large data sets from its source to custom web API's. This position is currently 100% remote, and customer is located in Suitland, MD.
As the Java Web Service Developer you will work with teams of developers in an Agile environment to develop and implement new functionality and enhancements to a federal agency's API and enterprise data dissemination system.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- You have 3+ years’ experience with Java Web Services RESTful (primary), XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls (JDBC preferred)
- You have experience in developing, modifying, and enhancing data and metadata service components
- You have experience implementing ETL processes and creating ETL scripts
- You have experience in Linux and bash or shell scripting
- You have experience with Tomcat, Apache, and similar webserver technologies
- You have experience with Test Drive Development and Behavior Driven Development
- You have experience working in Agile environment
- Translate detailed design into computer software
- Unit Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product
- Prepare required technical documentation, including middle tier baseline design
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work equally well independently and within a varied technical team comprised of technical government staff and other on-site contractors
- US citizenship with ability to satisfactorily complete a background check and obtain a Public Trust clearance from a US federal agency.
- Experience working in a Agile environment on a federal contract
- You are familiar with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) or Solr
- You have experience in designing Elasticsearch index for search capabilities
- You have experience working with developing and deploying production facing web applications
- You have experience establishing and enforcing branching and software development processes to produce quality products
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.