Performance Diagnostics Engineer | Req#2602
ActioNet is looking for a Performance Diagnostics Engineer for a federal agency located in Washington DC / Remote.
As a Performance Diagnostics Engineer, you will define the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring with an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques. Identify, evaluate, and recommend diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace. Learn an application’s design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings. Collaborate with Performance Engineers and developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle. Monitor application performance during performance tests or production usage, dive deep into application code and identify root causes of performance issues. Document performance findings and recommendations.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- MUST HAVE 2 years' hands-on experience with collecting performance data, analyzing, tuning, troubleshooting, and monitoring
- MUST HAVE 2 years' hands-on design / development experience (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.)
- MUST HAVE 1-year hands-on experience using performance diagnostics tools (AppDynamics, DynaTrace, New Relic, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile development (preferably SAFe), DevOps, Test Driven Development
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment Practice, Tools, and trends
- Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture.
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
- Documenting performance findings and recommendations
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Interacting with client and/or development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
- Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Learning an application's design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Education & Experience:
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.