Technical Writer (REMOTE) | Req#2973
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Technical Writer for an exciting project. This position can be supported remotely from home (within the Continental U.S.). This position offers outstanding self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and inherent work ethic.
- Design and write technical illustrations as needed to facilitate understanding of technical material and upon customer request.
- Develop other documentations as requested by the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality documents within compressed schedules.
- Demonstrates ability to translate complex business and system concepts for communication to diverse audiences and to perform business process analysis and accurately capture process information for use within documentation products.
- Has the ability to provide team members with MS Word and Excel problem-solving support.
- Ability to develop documentation standards and development procedures when none are present.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience working in and Agile Scrum environment writing technical documentation for the software product, application, and product releases
- 2 years of expertise with Adobe RoboHelp or Confluence is a Plus.
- Experience in understanding and communicating all technical aspects of a software product to both highly technical and non-technical users
- Experience in developing technical documentation and education materials to support user experience (user guides, integration guides, installation/configuration instructions, developer guides)
- Knowledge of document publishing tools including advanced Microsoft (MS) Word, Adobe PDF and PowerPoint functions, including use of document templates and styles.
- Knowledge of Agile documentation principles.
- Technical proficiency, and practical knowledge in the use and application of HTML5
- Technical proficiency, and practical knowledge in the use and application cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Ability to quickly ascertain and understand complex applications, diagrams, user requirements, and designs with minimal assistance
- US Citizenship NOT required but must be able to pass a background check.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.