Technical Writer / Editor | Req#2804
ActioNet is looking for a Technical Writer who can:
- Create and maintain documentation templates
- Analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources, including diagrams, Internet research, technical information from existing documentation
- Communicate with other to update technical documents
- Effectively describe technically complex material to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop articles, announcements, and other guidance/documentation that cover topics related to information security; select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts that can be used to effectively communicate concepts contained in work products.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content.
- Review, edit, maintain, finalize, and provide feedback on various types of IT security-related documents.
- Review, edit, and standardize current documents prepared by other writers on security concepts and reporting.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, English/Journalism, or relevant field
- 10 years of experience as a Technical Writer in IT Security field including effectively describe technically complex material to technical and non-technical audiences, both visually and with written word.
- 5 years of experience using Microsoft Office products, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat.
- 5 years of experience editing technical writing products
- 2 years of experience using the relevant NIST Special Publications, including:
- NIST SP 800-53A, Current Version, Guide for Assessing the Security Controls in Federal Information Systems
- NIST SP 800-53, Current Version, Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations
- NIST SP 800-30, Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments
- NIST SP 800-37, Current Version, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: A Security Lifecycle Approach
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy, and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.