Senior Network Engineer - ISR/IO | Req#2996
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance (ISR)/Information Operations (IO) Network Engineer requiring a Top Secret clearance located in San Diego, CA. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. This position is contingent upon a contract award.
The Senior ISR/IO Network Engineer provides subject matter expertise (SME), mentorship and on-the-job training, as well as operational support for the technologies (systems, applications, and services) that make up the customer’s IT networking enterprise architecture as part of the Networking and Communications Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for a variety of engineering and operational assignments related to the designing, deploying, and efficient and optimal operation of business-critical enterprise and data center network environments across multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems. The Senior Network Engineer will translate stakeholder and Government requirements into network solutions, modifications, and support upgrades (networking, reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation, and testing).
The Sr. Network Engineer will also strive to understand the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols in order to provide innovative and new ideas to resolve complex engineering challenges. Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance and information
operations (ISR/IO) includes engineering development and engineering services for systems and organizations that observe adversaries, collect data from seabed to space, and then fuse that data into useful, meaningful information and intelligence, allowing the warfighter to make better decisions
- Active TOP SECRET security clearance.
- 4-year-degree, preferably in a related field Computer Engineering or related field
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified
- Seven or more years of progressive experience successfully leading the employment of network engineering technologies, methodologies, processes, and practices to design, engineer, implement, test, secure, and/or deliver a variety of enterprise-grade IT networking solutions (systems, applications, and services) across multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) information systems (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.)
- Seven or more years of progressive and increasing complex experience working with enterprise-level Cisco hardware (Catalyst, Nexus, etc.,), operating systems (IOS, NX-OS, ACI, etc.) and technologies (Voice, Video, Routing, Switching) across enterprise-grade information systems and networks. This shall include a minimum of 5 or more years of experience working with enterprise-level Cisco-based Routing and Switching technologies (i.e., BGP, EIGRP, LACP, HSRP, OSPF, PC, QoS, STP, VPC, VRF).
- Five or more years of demonstrated understanding and hands-on experience in the following networking concepts: network traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, network security, performance, high availability, load balancing and fault tolerance architectures.
- Five or more years of experience working with secure encrypted networking devices (i.e., Taclanes and Border Guards) and communication circuits, protocols, and configurations.
- Five or more years of experience working with network-based security technologies, such as Next Generation Firewalls and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to secure network traffic at all supported layers of the OSI Reference Model.
- Five or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirement Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Advanced Network Operations Specialist (441).
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Experience working in a DoD Information Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) / information operations (IO) environment which includes engineering development and engineering services: Electronic Warfare (EW); Computer Network Operations (CNO); Psychological Operations (PSYOP); Military Deception (MILDEC); Operations Security (OPSEC)
- Enabling operations and intelligence collection capabilities conducted through the use of computer networks to gather data from target or adversary automated information systems or networks
- Networking engineering enterprise solutions to directly support a variety of high availability, fault tolerant, disaster recovery, and continuity of operations (COOP) scenarios
- Operating, tuning, and troubleshooting Cisco’s Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), and TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) to support enterprise collaboration (i.e., Voice and Video) services across a WAN
- Working with software-based configuration management solutions capable of documenting, storing and on-demand deployment of pre-generated reviewed, and approved network device configurations such as SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM)
- Working with advanced Cisco Data Center technologies such as the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and/or Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to support Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), and Secure Multi-Tenancy enterprise solutions.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.