Designer - Havas New York
Havas New York is looking for a Visual Designer to join the creative team for Portfolio X (Innovation and Experience Portfolio). Visual Designers at Havas are problems solvers and idea generators. They are an integral part of creating boundary-pushing solutions for our clients. As a Visual Designer, you will collaborate with other designers (visual and experience design), writers, developers, creative technologists and strategists.
Visual Designers will work on projects across a broad spectrum of media and outputs: developing brand identity, designing web pages and web experiences, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams on product design, and mentorship of junior designers. Visual Designers are able to understand and extend the visual language of their projects, consider how a digital product will work (including the technology it may use) and are expected to take ownership of the overall quality of the design work related to the projects they are assigned. As a Visual Designer, you will be expected to present and defend work and continue to stay current with contemporary design and technology trends.
- Develop a clear understanding of the overall brand guidelines as well as the business unit specific brand guidelines
- Work with other designers to extend the visual language of a diverse range of projects that include typography and photography as visual languages to communicate a single visual cue
- Develop original ideas in order to push the boundaries for our clients while thinking from a design perspective, as well as a business perspective to ensure high-quality design and return on investment for clients
- Ensure designs meet current digital standards and best practices (keeping up with industry trends)
- Guide junior designers to create a range of deliverables (visual concepts, branding, mock-ups, typography, iconography, presentations and layouts across multiple platforms, including apps, websites, and campaigns), while confidently delegating work streams to maximize individual designers’ strengths
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message while working within existing style guides, brand guidelines, and in accordance with creative direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (Graphic Design, Communication Design, or Advertising Design), Visual Communication, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in an agency setting
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
- An outstanding portfolio of previous work
- Experience creating digital design systems with current and relevant technologies
- Experience creating prototypes and using motion to communicate design functionality on various platforms (i.e. mobile, desktop, video)
- Able to work under highly stressful environment a must
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status