Account Business Manager
The Account Business Manager is an integral part of the business unit finance team. The individual in this role reports to the Director of Finance of the assigned business unit(s). In addition to providing various financial, reporting and analytical functions, the Business Support Specialist is also expected to help ensure that the business unit(s) key performance targets are being met and is also expected to produce and examine client specific / ad hoc reporting and help to ensure that key performance targets are being met.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Prepare monthly revenue financial closing entries and reconciliations for the assigned business unit(s) and help to ensure the reliability and integrity of the financial information including compliance with IFRS, Group corporate policies and SAB 104 for revenue recognition.
• Provide assistance with budgeting and forecasting process, variance analysis, and management reporting as required.
• Provide support to business unit account and operations teams. This includes delivering relevant reporting/information and attending and leading finance-related discussions for client calls/meetings. In addition, this role ensures the validity and accuracy of all financial data related to the business unit.
• Reconciliation and consolidation of client financial information.
• Assist SVP of Finance with Client Support functions and deliverables. This includes ensuring timeliness of client invoicing, accuracy of reporting (e.g. budget vs estimate/overages), managing the existence, validity and maintenance of client documentation, and providing guidance when needed.
• Proactively follow up and ensure proper documentation/deliverables are being received from the appropriate parties including signed estimates and estimate entries in the financesystem.
• Partner with the business unit team providing consistent communication and timely submission of deliverables regarding all client related financial information including, but not limited to invoicing status, A/R status and overages.
• Provide support on special projects for required and requested financial deliverables. This includes creating variety of ad-hoc reporting/analysis both for internal finance purposes as well as external/client requests.
• Prepare and process monthly invoicing and production reports. This includes PO/budget vs.estimate reporting.
• Assist with identifying, developing and implementing process improvements and accurate and consistent invoicing procedures to help promote reliability across business units, increase efficiency and improve quality. This includes collaboratively compiling and maintaining a comprehensive and detailed ‘Master Invoicing Guideline’ document for shared use.
• Financial report creation and maintenance, including but not limited to the following:
-Budget versus actuals in several formats and consolidation levels
-Tracking, analyzing and forecasting revenue across products
-Utilization analysis across products
-Client specific reporting and analysis
Skills & Experience Required:
• BS/BA in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
• 3+ years of work experience in business controlling/analytics. Advertising or Service industry experience is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including intermediate or advanced Excel capabilities. PeopleSoft knowledge a plus.
• Understanding of General Accounting Principles
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
• Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships and communicate effectively.
• Solid analytical skills, with the capability of defining problems, collecting and analyzing data and determining root
• Organized and able to work independently on various business projects
• Must have a positive, energetic attitude and a strong desire to provide excellence