Senior Strategy Manager - HSE
Havas Sports and Entertainment (HSE) is looking for a Senior Strategy Manager, with a strategic planning background and a passion for sports & entertainment marketing.
HSE is not your traditional agency. We are passion point experts and we aim to augment consumer passions through thoughtful, insight led strategies that fuel authentic partnerships, amplified by imaginative experiences and engaging content. We are fans ourselves, and are seeking someone who is also passionate about living the moments our consumers love.
Our central Strategy Team services our four offices – Atlanta, New York, Boston, Chicago – and is responsible for building effective strategies for our clients that detail where to play and how to win.
As the Senior Strategy Manager, you will work with a talented group of professionals and some of the most exciting brands in the world. Your role will cover the full strategic planning process – from conducting research, uncovering trends and insights, and developing creative briefs to ultimately shape brand strategies and how they come to life.
You have your finger on the pulse and have a solid understanding of the tools and resources that help us find data and information about what people think, say, share and do. More importantly, you can translate information into a compelling narrative and presentation that inspires great campaign ideas and excite our clients.
BRAND STRATEGY AND BUSINESS LEADERSHIP
The strategy team is a critical function inside the agency. We provide thought leadership to our internal teams and existing clients, consult for brands and lead new business efforts that have a direct impact on our business.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Work to understand the client’s business environment and brand objectives, provide strategic direction – working collaboratively with agency’s senior leadership – to develop and implement a compelling and effective plan.
- Ensure goals and objectives of an assignment are understood in order to develop programs that are effective for the brand and the business
- Lead research activities, liaising with client, other Havas entities/teams or 3rd party research teams to ensure appropriate tools are used to generate insights or measure our programs
- Perform competitive analyses, brand audits, consumer insights and identify strategic insights, then translate them into an insight-based strategic creative platform
- Author the narrative of how ideas are sold to clients, creating expert decks that can beguile a client by presenting a logical, structured story
- Facilitate best-in-class creative thinking in order to produce meaningful, shareable and memorable experiences for brands that help make a difference in their business.
- Write inspiring creative briefs, then collaborate with the Creative and Client Services & Production teams in the development of the ideas
- Organize or participate in creative sessions, brainstorms, site visits, etc.
- Ensure that Creative and Client Services & Production teams remain on strategy through to the development and execution of a program
- Nurture team and agency culture
- Prepare and share with clients and internal teams emerging fan insights, best cases and industry trends that will impact our client’s businesses
- Be an active participant and contributor to new business pitches and RFPs, as well as to thought leadership / external communication initiatives
- Act as a role model and mentor to inspire individuals. Align with team to enable a collaborative and enjoyable working environment
- Embrace and encourage everyone’s unique quirkiness by supporting curiosity and awareness, helping teams to continue to learn
- Convey and translates the agency’s vision, ensuring the team knows the goals, mission and vision that are unique to HSE and its sustainable growth
- Business Leadership:
- Contribute to agency business and foster growth working within all levels of the Havas organization to shepherd the agency’s strategic business
- Support with account management, operational process, financial management, negotiation and decision-making
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experienced and resourceful strategist with exposure to and experience in data & analytics, full strategic planning process and creative management
- Exceptional relationship skills with the ability to operate at a senior and strategic level with key clients and help resolve issues smoothly and effectively
- Strong communicator and strategic thinker with an excellent understanding of key industry influences and the ability to apply this insight to a variety of clients and brands
- Service oriented, recognizing the importance of providing outstanding service and support to both internal teams, agency partner teams and externally to clients
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, manage time demands, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excel wizard. PowerPoint and/or Keynote rock star
- A true team-player with a can-do attitude, setting the bar high and holding others accountable for delivering best in class work
- Has an authentic interest for sports and entertainment, living out these passions in their everyday life
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in strategic planning, research, analytics and insights, on either client or creative / media agency side
- Bachelors' Degree required
- Previous experience with syndicated data tools (MRI, Simmons, Ipsos, Clear Decisions)
- Relevant work in sports and entertainment is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Keynote.
- Social listening tools, influencer marketing platforms is a plus
This opening is based in New York, NY
Start date: August 2018
About Havas Sports & Entertainment
Havas Sports & Entertainment (HSE) is an international network of dedicated experts in sports, music, and entertainment positioned at the core of the Havas Group across its 46 Villages around the world. In the USA, HSE is the result of merging the award-winning talents of experiential unit ignition and content group Cake – bringing together a combined client list including The Coca-Cola Company, Harley-Davidson, LVMH, TracFone, Delta and Under Armour.
The team is deployed in New York City, Atlanta, Boston and Chicago, and provides integrated services that connect consumers with brands through their passions. As Havas’ Passion Point marketing experts, HSE builds meaningful brands by augmenting consumer passions through thoughtful, insight lead strategies that fuel authentic partnerships, amplified by imaginative experiences and engaging content.
As part of the Havas Village, Havas Sports & Entertainment has the ability to leverage and partner with sibling agencies to offer capabilities across a variety of marketing functions, including advertising, mobile and digital, bringing our clients the very best in practice.