Senior Manager, Strategy & Partnerships- HSE
Senior Manager, Strategy & Partnerships
Sports, Strategy, Analytics, Partnerships - New York, NY
Havas Sports & Entertainment (HSE) is looking for a new Senior Manager, Strategy & Partnerships to join a talented group of experts in continuing to grow our practice. HSE is not a traditional agency. We aim to augment consumer passions through thoughtful, insight led strategies that fuel authentic partnerships, amplified by imaginative experiences and engaging content. We are fans ourselves and expect you to be one, too. This position will have a strong focus on sports and will require a candidate to have their finger on the pulse of pop culture, as well as a deep knowledge of the sponsorship industry.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Act as agency expert within the sports and entertainment partnership landscape
- Establish contacts/relationships in the Sport & Entertainment space (properties, studios, networks, production companies, talent agencies, labels, etc.)
- Keep abreast of emerging fan behavior, technologies, and companies that are changing the industry or our clients’ businesses
- Contribute to business development and thought leadership activities
Develop our tools and methodologies
- Develop appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches to use in solving client problems and building HSE expertise in the industry
- Ensure our methodologies and tools are understood and effectively utilized by all teams involved
Lead or support consulting projects for clients and prospects
- Use proprietary tools and methodologies to evaluate partnership opportunities
- Leverage syndicated data and market research tools such as MRI, Simmons, etc. to uncover strong insights
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Synthesize a large amount of quantitative and/or qualitative data to tell a compelling story
- Providing strategic direction throughout the entirety of a project
Collaborate with the larger Havas Village network
- Proactively work to represent HSE on a daily basis, building and growing close working relationships with Havas Media, Havas Worldwide, Arnold Worldwide account and new business teams that lead to new business opportunities.
- Provide teams with information about our products that can be packaged and sold in an effort to develop new business opportunities
- 5-6 years of relevant experience (working with, or within a media agency is a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of the sports and entertainment partnership landscape
- Previous experience with asset and sponsorship valuation models
- Previous experience managing partnerships, including traditional sponsorship and creative activation of media partnerships
- Working knowledge of original research stimulus generation, data-organization, and analysis. Excel wizard.
- Ability to operate at a senior and strategic level with key clients and help resolve issues smoothly and effectively
- Strong communicator and storyteller who is highly articulate and able to clearly express complex ideas written or orally. A PowerPoint and/or Keynote rock star.
- Service-oriented, recognizing the importance of providing outstanding service and support to both internal teams, agency partner teams and external clients
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, manage time demands, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- A self-starter who can take limited direction and produce tangible results; a resourceful individual who proactively thinks outside of the box
Havas Sports & Entertainment USA is a connected group of passionate creators immersed in sports, music and entertainment. As the passion point experts of Havas, HSE helps brands connect with fans and consumers to create meaningful brand moments.
Leveraging people’s passions, HSE creates thoughtful, insight led strategies that fuel authentic partnerships and imaginative brand experiences. HSE builds bridges between rights holders, media partners and fans – creating investments that grow brands and put them at the center of the moment.
With teams in New York City, Atlanta, Boston and Chicago, HSE offers capabilities in strategy, partnerships and experiences, bringing their clients the very best in practice. HSE is proud to work with some incredible brands, including The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, ComEd, TracFone Wireless and NFL.
Learn more about us here: www.havas-se.com