Media and Technical Equipment Manager - Information Technology Services
Summary of Position: The Media and Technical Equipment Manager is responsible for ensuring that the University’s faculty and students have access to the technical resources and equipment used for classroom and out-of-classroom assignments in an effective and timely manner. The incumbent will, through sound management practices, adept technical abilities and excellent operations management ensure that the equipment needed to support the relevant courses will be in good operating order, repaired, conditioned and/or replaced as necessary and as lifecycle planning and budget allows, distributed to authorized individuals (students and faculty) based on established protocols, made available for in-classroom use based on faculty request, as well as cataloged, stored and secured at all other times.
- Ensure student staff (12-18 individuals) are hired, trained, scheduled, and supervised to meet academic requirements for equipment availability and set-up and other related needs as they arise.
- Provide excellent oversight and feedback to student staff to ensure that all staff deliver superior customer service to all stakeholders.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with supervisor and direct reports to ensure smooth operation of department.
- Ongoing direct execution of the lending operation
- Provide superior customer service to all stakeholders
- Provide support of curriculum and faculty by ensuring that media equipment is available, in working order, delivered to the space and ready for use when needed for classes.
- Regularly meet with faculty and department chairs to determine equipment needs and provide faculty with individual training or coaching sessions on new equipment acquisitions as needed.
- Small group and one on one training and mentoring of students on the operation of available equipment, as needed.
- Be responsible for care, control and quality of capital and expendable equipment.
- In addition to establishing and maintaining regular inventory control procedures and auditing, complete a twice per year comprehensive inventory of capital and expendable equipment so that department is appropriately outfitted. Provide a full inventory and discrepancy report to the Director.
- Research and suggest equipment replacement to support department curricula.
- Remain current in the field by maintaining professional relationships with both internal and external organizations that are involved with media productions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s Degree and applied experience in relevant field required.
- Professional experience with video production and post production equipment and software.
- Experience communicating technical information to groups in university or teaching setting.
- Prior experience providing mentoring or coaching to students.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with vendors to produce best outcomes.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- May be required to work beyond normal business hours including evening and weekend hours when needed.
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs and use ladder when needed.