Assistant Director, Graduate Programs - College of Arts and Sciences
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director of CAS Graduate Programs supports all College of Arts and Sciences graduate programs and is closely involved with program marketing, recruitment, yield, and alumni engagement. The Assistant Director works with the faculty who serve as Graduate Program Directors, while reporting to the Senior Associate Dean.
- Collaborates with the Senior Associate Dean and Graduate Program Directors regarding program management.
- Monitors enrollments and works closely with Graduate Program Directors when needed.
- Assists with preparation of the Graduate Academic Catalog.
- Engages in targeted outreach to graduate students who are not registered for the upcoming semester.
- Facilitates and coordinates new and existing processes with other University Offices (University Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Graduate Admission, Office of Marketing and Communication, and Alumni Office) as needed to impact the success of CAS graduate programs.
- Cross-trained across CAS graduate programs.
- Assists Graduate Admission with yield events and activities for prospective and admitted students.
- Handles inquiries from prospective students who have program-specific questions.
- Works closely with the Office of Graduate Admission to ensure policies and processes are being followed in a timely manner.
- Oversees targeted student outreach strategies to meet enrollment goals.
- Liaises with the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) on the production and editing of marketing materials for graduate programs.
- Ensures message alignment and accuracy of graduate program print marketing collateral.
- Identifies stories that feature graduate student achievements, faculty scholarship and grants, and overall program successes.
- Supports OMC with the development of program-specific website content.
- Assists with CAS Graduate Programs Orientation every fall and spring.
- Works with Graduate Program Directors to plan and execute networking events.
- Works with Graduate Program Directors and Graduate Admission on recruiting and yield events.
- Promotes Alumni involvement through marketing materials, prospective student outreach, mentoring programs, networking events, professional development events, and alumni panels.
- Gathers alumni contact information and communicates updates to the Alumni Office.
- Collaborates with Graduate Program Directors and OMC to identify recent alums for profiles.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a University or College setting, preferably in a graduate programs office.
- Experience in student services and/or student outreach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including database management.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to assume a leadership role when necessary.
- Standard hours of this position are 8:45am to 4:45 pm, M-F, however ability to keep flexible hours to support program objectives, including some evening and weekends, is necessary.