STEM Tutor - Student Success
Summary of Position:
The responsibility of the Professional STEM Tutor is to assist students who need help in the sciences – specifically Radiology cross-sectional anatomy and radiation physics. Professional STEM Tutors work in drop-in settings (where they work both individually and in small groups with students) and in our one-on-one by appointment program. Professional STEM Tutors will also lead larger, scheduled, group tutoring sessions, as needed.
- Tutor students who request STEM assistance: individual to small group sessions in math/stats drop-in, one-on-one appointments in STEM disciplines. Tutoring can be online or in the center. Tutors will write notes in our tutor management system for individual appointments.
- Training on specific topics related to assisting college students with STEM subjects, dealing with students of concern, etc. Training may be in person or online. Meeting with program supervisors to discuss other issues.
- Facilitate large group tutoring sessions at the end of the semester for final exam review.
- Master’s Degree or certification in radiation sciences or other related area.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of successful strategies for tutoring a diverse, college student population.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creativity and flexibility in the tutoring spaces/online is expected.