Associate Director, Law Admissions
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Admission, the Associate Director of Outreach and Engagement is responsible for managing the recruitment and engagement efforts of prospective law students to Suffolk University Law School. The ideal candidate will be a personable, energetic, and outgoing individual who is an organized self-starter and is excited to work in an innovative and data-driven environment.
- The Associate Director will travel extensively within the United States and Canada to attend law school recruitment events. These events include LSAC forums, graduate and professional school fairs, and other events where prospective law students can be engaged.
- The Associate Director is responsible for the consistent and timely engagement with all prospective students through the entire admissions cycle. This includes ensuring all emails and phone calls with prospective students are handled in a timely and professional manner. The Associate Director will work in tandem with the Director of Admission & Digital Communication to effectively manage the communication plan with prospective students.
- The Associate Director will manage all events, both on and off-campus, including the annual law fair, informational sessions, alumni receptions, open houses, and all admitted student events.
- The Associate Director will manage the admissions ambassador program and all tour requests from prospective students.
- The Associate Director will be responsible for building a strong relationship with the pre-law advisor community, including Suffolk University’s College of Arts and Sciences pre-law program. The Associate Director will develop new ideas on the further engagement of undergraduate populations.
- The Associate Director will work with the Director of Student Engagement & Inclusion to enhance the law school’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- The Associate Director will manage the outreach efforts performed by students, faculty, and alumni.
- The Associate Director will maintain and update the recruitment database and produce status reports on all recruiting efforts.
- The Associate Director will be involved in file applicant review, Aces and other systems management, and other back-end processes on a regular basis.
- The Associate Director may be assigned other duties, as needs arise.
This position requires a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school. The Associate Director will ideally have experience in a law school admissions office, or in the alternative, recruitment and/or customer service experience. The Associate Director must be a self-starter, innovative, and results-oriented with strong verbal and writing communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines. The exact title will depend on experience and qualifications. A valid driver’s license is necessary. Some weekday and weekend travel, particularly in the fall months, and evening event coverage will be required.