Graduate Enrollment Marketing Manager - Marketing and Communications
Suffolk’s Division of Communications, including its Offices of Marketing & Communications and Public Affairs, consists of storytellers, professional strategists, writers, designers, and multimedia producers offering a depth of expertise in a variety of media. We tell the story of the University across a range of audiences and media producing everything from news and feature pieces, to long and short form videos, collateral and advertising, and web and social media content.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Marketing (DEM), the Graduate Enrollment Marketing Manager (GEMM) is primarily responsible for strategic marketing communications in support of the enrollment goals across the entire graduate program portfolio within the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) and Sawyer Business School (SBS), including terminal degrees, master’s degrees, dual degrees, and certificates.
The GEMM contributes to the development of the graduate programs marketing plan, drives the launch of new graduate programs, and manages the execution of all core aspects of the plan, with a focus on the customer journey and enrollment funnel. This role serves as the liaison to, and works collaboratively with, the Office of Graduate Admission and graduate program directors in CAS and SBS. The ideal candidate combines a strong marketing foundation, and strong project management and presentation skills.
- Execute the marketing plan and communications strategy for graduate enrollment including but not limited to printed collateral, email communications, website presence, video, and digital advertising.
- Implement key marketing activity in support of graduate admission events on- and off-campus, including graduate open houses, program info sessions, instant decision days, and admitted student receptions.
- Create and manage project/production schedules and approval cycles, and ensure all deliverables are on-time, on-budget, and on-brand.
- Partner with Graduate Admission to develop and execute direct marketing initiatives within the graduate enrollment CRM including identifying target audiences, creating and copyediting content, monitoring campaign metrics and performance, and optimizing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the AVP, Marketing & Brand and DEM on key audience-focused digital marketing initiatives aligned with the graduate enrollment funnel including but not limited to search engine marketing, digital display, remarketing/retargeting, and paid social.
- Work with the Director of Online Content and program directors to update core graduate admissions and graduate program content on suffolk.edu. Ensure accurate, compelling, and mobile-friendly content with clear CTAs aligned with user behavior.
- Represent OMC at graduate program meetings and keep key stakeholders informed of current and planned marketing activity.
- Work with the DEM and Director of Graduate Admissions to review data and performance of efforts on a regular basis to optimize marketing and communications strategies.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in graduate program marketing, and use this information to keep marketing approaches relevant, competitive, and leading edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Experience in higher education a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organization, project management, and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with marketing analytics tools and a CRM solution is strongly desired