Staff Psychologist/Staff Counselor (Temporary) - Counseling, Health and Wellness
Summary of Position
The part time, temporary Staff Psychologist/Staff Counselor is responsible for providing high quality, direct psychological counseling services to undergraduate, graduate and law students as part of an integrated Counseling, Health and Wellness Center.
- Provides short-term psychological individual counseling services, clinical psychological assessments, short-term treatment plans, urgent care behavioral risk assessments via Center walk-ins, case management and off-campus referrals for university students.
- Provides consultation to faculty, staff and students in order to address student high risk behaviors and student/community holistic health concerns.
- Maintains timely and thorough client contact documentation compliant with Center policies and procedures and applicable state laws.
- Provides campus support services as needed during times of campus crises and/or psychological emergencies
- Ph.D., Ed.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology or LCSW or LICSW
or Current provider license in Massachusetts
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge regarding work with adolescents and young
adults from multicultural and diverse backgrounds, preferably on a college campus.
- Training and experience in providing short-term psychotherapy, group therapy and crisis
response for diverse adolescents and young adults, preferably with college and university
- Demonstrated ability to assess and treat students with a broad range of diagnoses.
- Strong student service orientation.
- Maintain ethical/professional conduct and interaction with all University community members.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation and leadership to all campus
constituents (faculty, staff and students)