Intelligence Compliance Subject Matter Expert
SNA International is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the FBI managed National Domestic Communications Assistance Center (NDCAC) in Fredericksburg, Virginia. The SME shall also develop a formalized, comprehensive industry relations strategy that will allow the NDCAC to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with members of the nationwide community of service providers. The NDCAC is focused on developing unified industry-facing positions that represent the entire law enforcement community. SNA International is specifically in need of expertise and experience in the exploitation of communications technology in criminal investigations at the State and local level. The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed by the SME. The list is not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Develop a strategic plan that is easily translatable into specific action plans that address high level NDCAC initiatives and overarching goals and articulates day-to-day projects and tasks required to achieve the plan.
- Develop a comprehensive model depicting today’s variety of communication offerings: communications providers, their business models, and the products that they provide. The model must take into account the role of providers at all levels of the communications marketplace and their interrelationships.
- Develop a current and comprehensive model for the compliance policies and procedures of communications providers (e.g., telephone companies, broadband service providers, and ISPs).
- Develop a current model of the growing capacity of smart phones based on communications moving from a central provider to the communication device through software applications (“apps”).
- Conduct comprehensive review of actual investigative cases provided by NDCAC staff that identifies critical support elements provided by communications service providers and the value of such assistance for incorporation into studies/brief/whitepapers.
- Provide documented insight into industry stakeholders and develop communications tools to be used to educate members of industry with respect to the needs of law enforcement and support provided by the NDCAC.
- Identify electronic surveillance training suitable for service provider representatives, law enforcement agencies, and prosecutorial organizations.
- Identify Department of Justice and other Federal, State, and local sponsored programs designed to assist law enforcement in addressing the complexities of computer and Internet based crimes.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports detailing Industry Relations Strategy Development activities during the time period and report on future planned activities for the upcoming week and month respectively.
- B.A. or B.S. degree coupled with ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience in electronic communications and electronic surveillance (ELSUR), law, communication providers, and State and local law enforcement agencies.
- Have a current DoD Top Secret security clearance.
Previous experience with the FBI supporting the NDCAC.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.