SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative DNA Examiner with a strong work ethic to join our team. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence.
SNA International (SNA), a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US. For the last two years, SNA made the annual Inc. 500 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2020 SNA moved up on the list and is currently ranked number 150. SNA is the ninth fastest-growing government contractor.
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work in the DoD premier Forensic Center based in Fort Gillem, GA. Qualified candidates must have the ability to deploy OCONUS once every eighteen months, for up to six months at a time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examine evidence in consultation with firearms and latent print analysts (as needed) to ensure proposed collection approach will not negatively impact collection of other forensic data from the evidence.
- Collect potential DNA samples from evidence using approved procedures designed to minimize the possibility of sample contamination. All samples shall be properly packaged, marked and stored in preparation for extraction.
- Generate STR DNA profiles from evidence and reference samples.
- Analyze and interpret data from analysis which typically consists of complex mixtures and low level samples.
- Mixture interpretations using probabilistic genotyping software STRmix.
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and documentation.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports and worksheets.
- Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained.
- Perform instrument maintenance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with a minimum of 1 year of experience working in a forensic laboratory performing DNA analysis on criminal evidence and/or intelligence exploitation. Experience must include the following:
- Identification of blood and bloodstains, body fluids, and stains of body fluids, hair and other items requiring DNA or related analysis.
- Performance of visual and microscopic examination of hairs.
- Generation of STR DNA profiles.
- Experience with mixture interpretations using probabilistic genotyping software.
- Comparison of evidence from victims, scenes, or instruments of incidents to evidence from suspects.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a team member.
- Professional certification such as American Board of Criminalistics (ABC) is desired
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.