***Note: This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Physical Scientist with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified candidates will utilize their keen attention to detail in a laboratory environment, processing and documenting firearms evidence, following the strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures, and reporting guidelines.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related materials.
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for trace evidence.
- Photograph evidence and related materials; remove hairs and fibers from evidence and related materials; create microscopic slides for hairs and fibers; mount hairs and fibers on slides; and create inventory slides.
- Record case notes, photographs, chain-of-custody form, electronic communication, and slide inventory.
- Use laboratory software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody for all forensic material under examination.
- Participates with senior personnel in research studies which involve systematic, critical and intensive investigation necessary for the development of experimental processes.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the physical sciences.
- Basic computer skills, to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to analyze complex or challenging situations
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position has multiple openings in Quantico, VA.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.