Criminal Investigative Division (CID) SME
***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International, LLC (SNA), a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US.
SNA International is hiring an experienced Criminal Investigative Division (CID) SME to support SNA and our government customer. They will Support CITF Headquarters in Sacramento, CA, and one SME located within the Sacramento, CA FBIFO(s), to include Resident Agencies (RAs).
The SME position requirements are as follows:
- Contribute to a hybrid work role and address and satisfy FBI, CDCR, and BOP intelligence collection and dissemination needs to answer intelligence threats and gaps related to gang and other criminal threats, as assigned. Monitor and utilize historic expertise in keeping current of threats facing the United States Intelligence Communities (USIC), to include the top prison gang threats operating both inside and outside correctional institutions.
- Work closely with FBI Violent Gangs Safe Streets Task Forces (VGSSTFs), CDCR Special Services Units (SSU), Investigative Services Unit (ISU), parole, and county jails. Expertly identified prison gang conspiratorial ties from federal and state prisons, to county jails, and to the community. Continue to identify gang leadership, their criminal associates and facilitators, methods of communications, including cellular telephones, and criminal strategies and activities.
- Assist with seized contraband phones by forensically extracting all intelligence data from the illegal phones, downloading the data into the CDCR server located at CITF, and processing the data to develop potential leads on CDCR corrupt staff, identify potential civil rights violations, develop investigative leads in drug trafficking investigations, then provide the investigative leads to FBI and other local LE.
- Utilize computers and data mining programs to mine all intelligence data and develop new investigations, data analysis for the FBI, provide case assistance and support to the FBI and local LE. They assist with hard-to-process contraband devices by forensically processing seized cellular phones on major criminal investigations conducted by local LE and the FBI.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Have a security clearance at the TS/SCI level.
- Must have 8 years of experience in the required subject field, including 4 years of specialized experience. Additional education may be substituted for years of experience.
- At least 6 years specific technical experience directly related to any of the following disciplines within the law enforcement community, intelligence community or other related Government Agency: Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), Criminal Investigations, Cyber/Digital Forensics, Insider Threat, Data Exploitation and Analytics, International Law Enforcement Compliance, Forensics, Linguistics.
CITF Headquarters in Sacramento, CA and one SME located within the Sacramento, CA FBIFO(s), to include Resident Agencies (RAs)
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.