***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International, LLC (SNA), a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International is hiring an experienced Behavioral Specialist SME to support SNA and the FBI’s HUMINT Operations Section – Validation and Operational Testing Unit. This is a contingent opportunity. This position will be located in Washington, D.C.
The position requirements are as follows:
- Provide psychological services to include participation in meetings and briefings for specific mission-related initiatives.
- Prepare and conduct behavioral assessments. Assist in identifying a source’s key personality traits, sources of social and professional influence, psychological strengths, and vulnerabilities.
- Provide expertise in managing and testing sources under the HUMINT program.
- Integrate knowledge of a source’s background and personality into a formal written operational/behavioral assessment.
- Make appropriate recommendations in challenging, ambiguous, or emergency situations to facilitate the government’s decision-making process.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests, prepare written reports and/or behavioral assessments.
- Review relevant source and case files, telephone records, surveillance logs, and other investigative reports.
- Research available databases regarding a source’s target’s background.
- Be able to assess a source’s integrity and competence in the context of past behavior and current behavior.
- Evaluate and identify and provide judgment regarding the source’s operational utility, capability, and integrity.
- Review DNI policies and provide guidance based on the review.
- Available 24/7 to support HUMINT via telephone or email.
- May require relocation during a government shutdown or COOP site in case of an emergency. Must be able to travel to field offices.
- Monthly oral and written briefings.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college/university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Have a security clearance at the TS/SCI and HUMINT level. Willing to undergo a Polygraph examination.
- 12 years of federal law enforcement experience, including involvement in intelligence community management and legislative oversight.
- Experience effectively interacting with US IC agencies in relation to information sharing.
- Capable of working independently and providing detailed analysis and recommendations to senior-level executives.
- Experience in reviewing Directorate National Intelligence (DNI) policies.
- Ability to integrate a source’s background, experience, and personality into a formal written operational behavioral assessment.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working with source and case files includes utilizing advanced source vetting and validating tools.
- Involvement with intelligence community management and source policy oversight.
- Experience in effectively collaborating with US Intelligence Community agencies on joint source operations.
- Ability to collect relevant source data and analyze behavioral trends.
- Previous FBI experience providing HUMINT validation and assessment support a plus.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls, please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.