Explosives Operations and Logistics Specialist
SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative and innovative Explosives Operations and Logistics Specialist (EOLS) to work in the FBI Laboratory Division’s Quantico, Virginia location, who has a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Explosives Operations and Logistics Specialist supports the Explosives Unit (EU) and other Terrorism Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC) units that work with the EU by performing operations and logistics duties as directed by the Unit Chief.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed by the contractor, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Manage the inventory of non-expendable equipment using a database to reconcile balances and produce reports.
- Ensure equipment service contracts are current and equipment is properly serviced under warranty or service contract.
- Assist the Planning and Budget Unit (PBU) with the disposition of obsolete or excess equipment.
- Ensure adequate on-hand stock of expendable supplies.
- Maintain records for all property inventory and equipment/supply procurement actions.
- Research the availability and pricing of equipment.
- Provide purchasing recommendations and assists in preparing procurement requests.
- Recommend budget forecasts, monitor expenditures, and report on all external engineering development and service contracts and equipment purchases.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule explosive operations on various ranges in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Teach a variety of classes related to explosives and IEDs for both the EU and the Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG).
- Ensures that all essential Supervisory Special Agent Bomb Technicians (SSABTs) and other qualified personnel in the EU receive and maintain the Quantico Range Safety Officer (RSO) certifications.
- Assist EU device examiners by assisting them in identifying military ordnance evidence, their explosive hazards, and countries of origin.
- Maintain and improve liaison with the Department of Defense (DoD), United States Marine Corps (USMC), Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) to obtain various items needed or required for EU or TEDAC cases involving hard to obtain military ordnance items or foreign explosives.
- Serve as lead instructor for the CIRG Tactical Special Agent Bomb Technicians (SABT course. The EOLS conduct instruction for eleven (11) FBI Tactical SABT courses and six (6) FBI/Department of Energy (DOE) stabilization courses. This activity requires travel.
- Schedule and manage all explosive range operations for United States Marine Corps Base (USMCB) Quantico, Virginia, Fort Pickett, Virginia, and Fort Lee, Virginia. This includes orders, draws, stores, and delivers all explosives used in EU range operations.
- Serve as the EU representative to the USMCB Explosive Safety Office, Operations Office, and Range Control.
- Serve as the EU representative and subject matter expert (SME) on various explosives and operations safety issues and findings at the Bomb Squad Commanders Conference, International Explosive Breaching Symposium, the DOE Explosive Breaching Program and the Technical Support Working Group.
- Work with the National Institute of Health (NIH) to identify ways to protect tactical operators (bomb technicians and explosives breachers) from blast related injuries such as blast related traumatic brain injury (TBI) and repeated low level over pressure exposure.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: B.S. degree.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in logistics services.
- Skills: Logistics management and customer services.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Certifications: N / A
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.