Analytical Toxicologist II (Human Performance and Post Mortem)
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Analytical Toxicologist, Postmortem/Human Performance Bench Level Analyst, with a strong work ethic to join our team. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Analytical Toxicologist II/Bench Level Analyst performs analyses on biological specimens, provides screening and confirmation data, quantitative data, full scan mass spectra, corrective action measures, standard operating procedures (SOP) improvements, SOP revisions, and SOP updates, participates in research programs, and perform all special testing as directed by laboratory management.
Critical Work Responsibilities:
1. Perform analysis of biological specimens using the following techniques:
- Spectrophotometric carbon monoxide analysis
- Color tests for Cyanide, Salicylate and Acetaminophen
- Gas chromatography screening techniques including Basic Drugs, Carbon Monoxide, Cyanide and Headspace Volatiles analyses
- Basic, Acidic and Neutral Drug Extractions (via Solid Phase or Liquid/Liquid)
- Intermediate knowledge of immunoassay methodology
- Intermediate knowledge of mass spectrometry and compound fragmentation
- Intermediate knowledge of Quantitative Analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of Instrumental Analysis
- Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
2. Maintain an accurate written record of all analyses performed and ensures proper archiving of records.
- Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
3. Receive specimens into the laboratory, establish and maintain accurate chain of custody, accession specimens into the laboratory, aliquot specimens for subsequent testing and logs specimens into the Toxicology Database.
4. Participate in Laboratory Analysis Programs including:
- Routine instrument maintenance
- Analysis of Quality Control specimens
- Preparation for laboratory inspections by Inspectors from certifying and accrediting agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory facilities and equipment in operating condition and reporting discrepancies and problems to their supervisor.
- Evaluation of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) ensuring laboratory compliance with those standards; this involves reporting SOP discrepancies to the Supervisor.
6. Evaluation of instrumentation, extraction techniques, analysis protocols, and data review.
7. Complete research projects and function as assigned.
8. Maintain logs of analyses performed, equipment problems and solutions, freezer and refrigerator temperature logs and equipment operation logs.
9. Always maintain the laboratory in a Mission readiness status; this requires analyst to be aware of existing and potential problems concerning laboratory safety, equipment operation, maintain supply readiness and other critical laboratory functions
10. Authorship in peer reviewed journal and/or presentation of scientific data.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Science-related field (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Forensics, etc.) from an accredited university.
- 1 – 2 years of job experience preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I).
- Possess personality traits and professionalism necessary to maintain team cohesion and to set a good working example.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.