Forensic DNA Analyst
SNA International is seeking a Forensic DNA Analyst to work in our Alexandria, VA office and spearhead our forensic DNA laboratory development operations.
Key Tasks and Activities Include:
- Actively monitor DNA laboratory development operations
- Work directly and independently with client staff
- Coordinate meeting schedules with clients and stakeholders
- Develop and implement validation studies
- Draft policies and procedures (quality and operational)
- Develop training materials
- Analyze data and perform kinship analysis
- Perform general research as required for projects and proposals
- Prepare and assemble projects, proposals, and presentations
- Occasionally travel nationally and perhaps internationally (travel anticipated to be approximately 5-10%)
- Participate in hiring new staff
- Participate in some business development activities
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters Degree with five years of forensic DNA laboratory experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- A demonstrated history of initiative and achievement
- A demonstrated history of working independently with client staff
- Experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision
- Experience supporting and anticipating client needs and demonstrating problem-solving skills
- Experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities
SNA International is a growing small business and this position has the potential for significant growth over the next four years into additional technical, management and leadership roles and will allow for opportunities to advance personal development.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.