Business Analyst - structured finance and mortgage domain
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
- Ability to identify and analyze core business processes and workflows.
- Ability to evaluate current-state process and work flows, and/or create current-state process and work flows if they do not currently exist in the process modeling tool.
- Develop clear and detailed process maps and process narratives with control point annotations.
- Collaborate with teams to understand project impacts, touchpoints, issues and risks.
- Develop future-state process flow documents based upon identified changes, including updated procedures.
- Ensure alignment and compliance of any new process model with higher level Business Capabilities.
- Develop and maintain project plans for all under construction processes and associated documentation and deliverables.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication skills
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience as a BA working in the mortgage capital markets / securitization industry
- Microsoft Word, Visio, and experience in preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Familiarity with business process tools
- Working knowledge of data files (XML, JSON) is preferred
- Working knowledge of Python, SQL and data mapping experience is preferred
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Ability to multi-task
- Prior consulting experience a plus
Location of Work: New York
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.