Head of Data Operations / Platform Delivery
We are seeking a leader to be our Head of Data Operations / Platform Delivery for our Fintech B2B mortgage loan finance software. This position is based in greater Chennai, India.
- Lead data pipeline operations, data on-boarding team, maintenance, and support for data and analytics platform clients (ops and maintenance of production clients).
- Responsible for designing and implementing operational best practices for cloud software providers.
- Drive transformation of data operations through automation and continuous improvement.
- Manage a 10-person team responsible for daily operation of data pipelines, monitoring data QC processes, client batch processes, and issue/incident management resolution for production clients.
- Responsible for managing and owning data on-boarding and update processes across data vendors and software clients.
- Provide leadership for a 10-person team that operates the technology environment, streamline associated processes, minimize service interruptions, report service levels with transparency and reduce cloud costs and minimize risk associated with technology downtime.
- Lead team to innovate and improve high-quality delivery to end clients.
- Responsible for developing and managing the overall customer experience at select clients including delivering quality analytical results within defined SLAs.
- Work closely with General Manager to determine budget, retention, and resource management.
Lead regular weekly and daily communication with US-based executive team including team status updates and systemized monitoring and progress reporting.
Technical Requirements (Required):
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Apache Airflow (data pipeline automation)
- Atlassian Ops Genie (or other incident management and operations management and reporting software)
Experience and Domain Expertise Requirements (Required):
- 10+ years of delivering software and managing data and analytics batch processes for a financial services or financial analytics/data software firm
- Experience with mortgage loans, loan data, and structured finance/fixed income products
- In-depth understanding of mortgage loan data and risk processes
- Very strong communicator
- Leader and manager for team of 5 to 10 direct reports
- Experience managing a cross-functional team of people
- In-depth understanding of software development, software control, and quality deployment
- Experience with SDLC
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience managing developers, analysts, and batch operators
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
Must be in the greater Chennai metro area as team is based in Chennai
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the consumer and institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.