Senior Model Validation Analyst
About The Role
RiskSpan is seeking an experienced model risk management professional with an advanced degree in mathematics, economics, finance or statistics to perform model validation (SR 11-7, OCC 2011-12) projects for external clients. The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree coupled with experience as a model validation professional with broad expertise and the ability to perform model validations with little oversight.
- Lead and execute client-facing model validation engagements.
- Devise effective challenges for modeling assumptions, inputs, conceptual soundness and theory, developmental evidence, implementation and outputs.
- Perform statistical analyses and devise benchmarking and back-testing schemes for internal and client models.
- Identify and quantify model risk.
- Prepare model validation reports and related, supporting technical documents.
- Mentor, train, and support model validation analysts and other professionals in performing these and related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on detailed, concise and clear technical writing required.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Math, or Engineering required.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in credit risk, ALM, market risk, OFAC/BSA/AML, fixed income analysis or quantitative finance.
- 1 - 3 years of experience performing quantitative analysis in the financial services industry.
- Experience performing model validations with minimal oversight preferred but not required.
- Skilled "hands-on" user of SAS, R, MATLAB, SQL, and/or other statistically programming language required.
- Experience handling massive datasets, experience with loan level data a plus.
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.